More canning:
8/21, 4 pints Sweet Pepper Jam, Put 'Em Up
8/21, 4 quarter-pints Spicy Tomato Aspic, Put 'Em Up
9/11, 7 pints Quartered Tomatoes/raw pack, uga.edu
9/11, 5? pints Zesty Salsa, Put 'Em Up
9/19, 7 pints Apple Preserves
9/21, 8 pints stewed tomatoes, BBB
10/1, 7 quarts applesauce, BBB...for and with Sarah AJ, using her apples, and using Sara M's Kitchen Aid food grinder and fruit/veg strainer attachments (awesome!)
10/3, 8 pints Snap Beans, fresh, with salt, hot pack, pressure canner (using our fall crop of green and yellow beans; first time canning green beans other than dilly beans)
10/4, 8 pints applesauce, BBB
I mostly record only shelf-stable canned items, but I'm so excited about making things using Sara's KA attachments, plus the ease of freezing things using our new upright freezer, that I'll brag about this too:
10/3 3 pints + 4 half-pints Pear Sauce, frozen, pickyourown.org
10/10 3 pints pumpkin puree, frozen
We are getting a nice stash of food collected in our freezer...berries, green beans, corn, grassfed beef, and the venison Brian bagged during bow hunting season in Buffalo County.
One would think I should be done preserving veggies and fruits by now, but I am making applesauce again today (we picked apples - 3rd time this season - on Tuesday) and if the stars align right, possibly green tomato salsa and/or dilly beans this weekend.
Friday, October 15, 2010
And yet more canning
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is an impressive array. I feel quite lazy by comparison.... Well, I generally do anyway.
ReplyDelete