Can't stop me now. I am on a roll with this canning business. It's so much easier to do this when I've just done it a few days before, and don't have to consult with the instruction booklet on each detail! Today I made a second batch of applesauce; 5 pints. I used the apple peeler that Amanda loaned me. Last week I didn't quite "get" it, but now that I'm past the learning curve, I love it! It went so fast! Fleet Farm has one on sale (and lots of other canning stuff on sale this week!) that looks very much like the Pampered Chef peeler/corer, at a much lower price, so I may go see that in person and pick one up.
Here are my totals at this point, including the recipe and method used:
strawberry jam, 6 pints, pectin box recipe(?), WB
pickled cauliflower, 5 pints, BBB, WB
pizza sauce, 4 pints, Allrecipes, PC
applesauce, 9 pints, Presto PC instruction book, PC
crushed tomatoes, 4 pints, uga.edu, PC
BBB= Ball Blue Book
WB= water bath canning
PC= pressure canning
I have all kinds of quart jars and just can't see myself using them. Anyone have some pint jars they'd like to swap?
Monday, September 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment